Easy High Protein, Bircher Muesli
- 150g Greek yoghurt (I used Total 2% for your information, but any brand with ~ 10g protein/100g is great!)
- 120g rolled oats
- 50 mls semi-skimmed milk
- 4 x dried apricots, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 a grated apple (cored)
- 1 x tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 x tsp of honey
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- Add all ingredients, except the cinnamon, into a large bowl and mix well together to ensure all dry ingredients are included in the mixture.
- Add cinnamon to taste, I add 1/2 teaspoon but you may like more, or less than this.
- That's it. Allow to chill for at least 6 hours and refrigerate between helpings.
Prep time: 5 mins | Chilling Time: 6 hours | per 106g serving | Kcal 191 | Protein: 8.8g | Carbs: 30.6g | Fat: 4.3g | Fibre: 5.3g
- To avoid overeating (easy to do, since its so delicious! Plus its looks far less than it actually is when served up) be mindful of the (~100g)servings your batch should make and stick to these servings sizes. It may be prudent to portion these out in separate containers, to effectively plan your intake for the week ahead.
- Use a variety of fresh fruit, dried fruit, nuts, seeds and spice to vary your Bircher muesli.