High Protein Berry Baked Cheesecake
- 170g extra light cream cheese
- 140g Greek yoghurt
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp semi skimmed milk
- 1 scoop (30g) of raspberry ripple whey protein
- 2 tbsp stevia or alternative sweetener
- 2 drops of vanilla essence
- handful of raspberries
- 8 gingernut biscuits
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 drizzle of honey
- 1 tbsp flaked almonds
- Place the biscuits into a sealable freezer bag and crush into fine biscuit crumbs using a rolling pin or tin.
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the drizzle of honey, add the biscuit crumbs and almond flakes and and mix together well with a wooden spoon.
- Prepare a 22 cm non-stick spring form cake tin by lightly greasing the inside rim and base with butter. Pour the biscuit base mixture in to the centre and start to push flat with a metal spoon out to the edges. Intentionally the base will end up quite thin, so spread evenly until you can see the bottom of the cake tin. Place in the oven set at 170° celsius/325° fahrenheit/gas mark 3; for 5 minutes. Allow to cool once you've taken out of the oven.
- In a large bowl add the cream cheese, Greek yoghurt, egg, milk, whey protein, sweetener, and vanilla essence and whisk together until smooth.
- Pour on top of the biscuit base and drop the raspberries on to the top of the so that you can still see them.
- Place the cheesecake into the middle shelf of the oven and bake at 170° celsius/325° fahrenheit/gas mark 3 for 20 minutes and then turn down the oven to 100°celsius/210° fahrenheit/gas mark 1/4 for another 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Carefully undo the tin and lift the base off off of the bottom of the tin.
- Cut into 8 slices and serve with fresh raspberries.
Prep time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 80 mins | per 1/8 slice | Kcal 123 | Protein: 9.1g | Carbs: 10.7g | Fat: 6g |
You can easily change flavours by either using alternative flavoured proteins and fruits here are a couple of suggestions:
Chocolate and Blueberry Cheesecake
Use chocolate flavour whey protein powder and add a 1 x tbsp of cocoa powder along with a handful of blueberries
- Citrus Cheesecake Add a natural flavour protein powder with the juice from 2 lemons plus a handful of mandarin segments to the cheese mixture