Chicken and Sweet Potato Soup
- In a large boiling pan add the carrot and sweet potato to the chicken stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 45 minutes uncovered
- In small non-stick frying pan, heat (on a low heat) the butter, adding the onions and garlic. Add the chicken and cook until white all over.
- At this point add the chicken, onions and garlic to the boiling sweet potato and stock and continue to simmer for the full 45 minutes.
- Take the hot pan off the heat and with a hand blender held at an angle blend the ingredients until smooth.
- Cover the soup and boil for another 10 minutes or until reduced to the desired consistency.
- Leave to cool and refrigerate for lengthy periods of time.