BBQ Turkey Skewers
- 150g turkey breast (without skin)
- 1 small yellow pepper,
- 1 small red pepper.
- 1 Small red onion,
- 1 tbsp ginger, fresh ground
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar,
- 1 tbsp honey,
- Ground pepper
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- Cut turkey into cubes and place in a dish.
- combine the rice vinegar, ginger, soy sauce, and honey.Pour over turkey and let marinate for 1 hour
- Cut the pepper and red onion into similar sized squares and cook in the oil for 1 minute and allow to cool.
- After the hour, add the turkey, the pepper and the red onion (repeating in that order) to your skewers until all ingredients are used.
- Line the skewers on the baking tray and sprinkle with the ground pepper. Grill for about 6 minutes on each side, baste the skewers with the BBQ sauce when turning to grill the other side.
- Ensure turkey cooked through by cutting open to check it isn't pink in the middle.
- Serve with salad and spiced couscous.
Prep time: 1 hour (to marinate) | Cook Time: 15 mins | Kcal 343 | Protein: 40g | Carbs: 34g | Fat: 6g | Serves 1
If you are using wooden skewers, then soak them in water for 10 minutes while the turkey in marinating, this will help to prevent charring under the grill. The use of oil is optional (as always) if you have a good non-stick pan you can just fry off the pepper and onion in a little water. Saving the oil to be used with the salad as a dressing, or not at all.